Best VPN for Mozilla Firefox
5 Best VPN for Mozilla Firefox – Stay Anonymous On the Network
As an IT-savvy person, you would probably be living on planet Mars if you haven’t heard of VPN before. For those who don’t, VPN (or virtual private network) allows Internet users to shield their identity or remain anonymous whenever they do stuff online. And we must admit that there are a lot of crazy things happening online.
From online child predators looking for their next victim to attack to cyber-thieves monitoring the activities of internet users in the hopes of using phishing tools to steal from them, these dubious people are always on the lookout.
Therefore, VPN helps Internet users to keep their identities private when browsing from one site to another on the Internet. Do you understand what VPN does for you now? Would you like to install one? If yes, in this guide, we show you the best VPN for Mozilla Firefox to download and install.
Why VPN for Mozilla?
Are you already searching for VPN Firefox, Mozilla VPN or free VPN Firefox to install without reading this article? Keep reading this guide. Firefox browser is one of the leading web tools for navigating on the Internet. Among all Internet browsers, Firefox offers a much better alternative to other giants, such as Google and Microsoft.
The reason why people need a VPN for Mozilla is the same as why others usually use a VPN service. In other words, people are choosing a VPN for Mozilla because they need add-ons that will maintain their anonymity and improve their security, while they’re browsing the Internet. Other functions of the VPN for Mozilla include blocking unwanted ads and stopping social badges that compromise user privacy.
Additionally, it creates secure links, thus keeping you safe when you use public Wi-Fi to surf the Web. Note that all these measures have become critical because there are cybercriminals everywhere on the Internet who monitor unsuspecting users. However, with VPN for Mozilla, they wouldn’t be able to track you because the VPN service will disguise your IP address and encrypt your data. Hence, hackers wouldn’t be able to access your system.
5 Best Firefox VPNs – Comparison Table
Top 5 Mozilla Firefox VPNs
5. NordVPN – Affordable VPN for Mozilla Firefox
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
You now know why people are increasingly turning to VPN for Mozilla for privacy and security. Well, NordVPN introduces its type of special security. Indeed, this VPN service helps to keep your browsing history safe and secure. In addition, when you have this VPN extension installed on your browser, it will keep changing your virtual location, thus keeping your online activities private.
With over 5,100 servers distributed in over 60 locations around the world, NordVPN ensures that you speedily connect to the Internet and browse without hitches. Still, with its top-grade security, you can access any site safely, block malicious sites and keep your IP address safe all the time. No doubt, NordVPN mirrors a service that guarantees an awesome internet surfing experience.
Supported Client Software:
- Boasting over 5100 servers in many countries around the world
- It has a dedicated IP address
- Smart DNS service is available
- With 256-bit encryption, tamperproof security is a guarantee
- Also, it comes with secure keys (IKEv2/IPSec and OpenVPN)
- This VPN comes fully packaged with keys that step up user privacy, safety and anonymity
- It offers functionalities for streaming, security and torrenting
- NordVPN is very fast and safe to use
- It is user-friendly
- Easy to install and use
- Fast connection
- Its map interface isn’t cool
At this point, you have seen all the features, benefits and downsides of NordVPN. However, it is important we highlight some of the gains, which this VPN brings aboard. When you have the extension installed onto your browser, it encrypts the traffic that flows through it. Afterward, you can use your real IP address on other devices. In addition, this VPN service doesn’t slow down the speed of your network.
With that speed, you will notice that websites load pretty fast. More importantly, it guarantees user security and allows up to six devices to access the Internet at the same time. Interestingly enough, you can trust this VPN service to block WebRTC, a protocol that is known for releasing Internet surfers’ IP addresses by default. Yes, that’s why it is capable of shielding your IP address in the first place.
Read our detailed review of NordVPN.
4. CyberGhost – Strong Security VPN for Firefox
Money-back guarantee: 45-day
When you have CyberGhost VPN installed as an extension on your Firefox, there is no doubt at all that you will definitely bypass all online restrictions and regain your digital freedom again. In clear terms, you can stream online videos and TV shows, conduct your online research and access any website of your choice without the fear that some online criminals, the government or your internet service provider may be monitoring your activities.
You can also unblock geo-restricted sites and censorship from the comfort of your home. What’s more, you can circumvent Internet restrictions from your workplace and schools. For all these benefits that you stand to get from the browser and more, we added this VPN service to our list. With this VPN, you don’t have to worry about your privacy, as the technology is capable of hiding your IP address and replacing it with a systematically generated IP address. In the end, your anonymity and security are intact. That being said, below are other features that made this VPN service a must-have in a flash.
Supported Client Software:
- There are over 5,700 servers scattered around 112 locations hosting this VPN
- It uses a 256-bit encryption
- Features a Wi-Fi protection
- CyberGhost has tracking and malware blocker
- It supports dedicated torrenting and streaming
- It supports many online streaming services, such as Netflix, BBC iPlayer, HBO GO, etc.
- When it is connected to its optimized server, it increases the download speed
- In addition, it offers a native app for all known operating systems
- It is user-friendly
- There is a delay in ticket purchase
In conclusion, CyberGhost VPN offers a lot of benefits to the users. One of the things you would find nice is its user-friendliness, as it is so easy to install and use for Mozilla Firefox. Did we forget to mention it is optimized on many servers and have over 5,700 servers scattered around 112 locations? Well, people who live in countries where the Internet is manipulated would find this add-on very useful. Generally speaking, this is a good product.
Read our detailed review of CyberGhost.
3. SaferVPN – Great Service for Firefox
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
Here’s another VPN specially made for Firefox browser uses around the world. SaferVPN gives tamper-proof protection against online snoopers and hackers. In addition to protecting you from Internet monsters, it also offers many other amazing features that are very useful for use with Mozilla. Also SaferVPN has more than 700 servers in 34 locations around the world.
Supported Client Software:
- There is kill switch features
- This can connect to five different devices from one account
- Also, there is Wi-Fi protection
- It has 700 servers in 34 locations around the world
- The customer support team responses to queries 24/7
- Even with this VPN running, the internet speed remains reasonable
- Your identity is guaranteed
- There is no room for IP leaks
- It has huge bandwidth, making it perfect for streaming and online gaming
- With this VPN running, there is no connection drop
- If you wish to bypass the tough firewalls of China, this VPN is not a good idea
Are you worried sick that some cybercriminals may just be tracking you? If yes, SaferVPN gives you the power to end your worries for good. With this VPN running as Firefox add-on, you can browse the Internet anonymously and access any website without personal privacy concerns. With its easy 3-step process, you can download and install this VPN onto your Firefox Mozilla, thus ending your security concerns once and for all.
Keep in mind that having SaferVPN on your browser doesn’t prevent you from doing all the fun stuff you do online. However, what it does is adding a layer of security to your browser. Sure, you are just one click away from bypassing censorship and geoblocks with this VPN. Indeed, SaferVPN on Firefox guarantees fast streaming, seamless access to its global network of servers, and an easy Internet connection. To sum it up, you get round-the-clock in-app support from its helpdesk team. Unarguably, this VPN is a must-try.
Read our detailed review of SaferVPN.
2. ExpressVPN – Fast Option for Mozilla Firefox
Money-back guarantee: 30-day
ExpressVPN deserves a place on this list because it is a premium VPN that has distinguished itself over the years. When you install the extension on your Firefox browser, you are effectively protecting your web activities, changing your IP address and introducing your browser to other benefits. But what are those benefits? Well, we will break them down for you.
Here we go: With ExpressVPN on your Firefox Mozilla, you can choose from the other 16 language options if English is not your preferred language. Also, you can block WebRTC, thus ensuring that no one can copy your true location and IP address. Plus, you can bypass geoblocks, helping you enjoy all the values the Internet has to offer. Now, check out the other features.
Supported Client Software:
- Covers up to 3,000 servers across 160 locations
- It supports all the popular operating systems, such as iOS, Android, etc.
- Keeps no log
- Also, it has a kill switch
- It runs on a cross-section of operating systems
- This VPN can connect up to three devices simultaneously
- Also, it has support for OpenVPN protocol on a wide range of platforms
- Their technical support team is always on hand to assist customers
- It doesn’t log sensitive info
- This VPN is relatively more costly
At this point, we are already assuming you do know why ExpressVPN is a must-try, don’t you? To be clear, having this VPN allows you to connect to over 3000 servers distributed in 160 locations around the world. To keep you one step ahead of cybercriminals, draconian government and internet service providers, this VPN provider has over 30,000 IP addresses in its pool.
With that number of IP addresses, it is near impossible for any of the afore-mentioned prying eyes to decrypt your real IP address. All this goes without saying that ExpressVPN has superfast speed, thus making your browsing experience worthwhile. The service has a reliable connection and the presence of the Internet kill switch ensures that your real identity remains a top secret.
Read our detailed review of ExpressVPN.
1. PureVPN – Best All-Round Mozilla VPN
Money-back guarantee: 31-day
PureVPN didn’t earn a spot on this list just by bragging. No! We have carefully included it in this list because it truly deserves it. With this add-on on your Firefox Mozilla, you have effectively hidden your real IP address for the right reasons. We cannot emphasize it enough: The Internet is home to the good, bad and ugly.
Therefore, the best bet is to mask your real identity because you don’t really know who may be tracking your online activities. Yes, this tech product gives an ultra-defensive shield. Additionally, it gives protection against WebRTC, and you can unblock and stream over 30 channels. With over 2000 servers in over 180 locations, you can go on and switch from one server to another until you get the best browsing experience.
Supported Client Software:
- It supports all the operating systems, such as Android, Linux, etc.
- This VPN also supports a 256-bit encryption
- There are lots of extras, such as DDoS protection, kill switch, NAT Firewall, etc.
- Availability for torrenting
- This VPN is specially made for optimizing online protection
- With the introduction of virtual routers, this VPN can connect 10 devices simultaneously
- Users can connect this VPN to real routers and virtual routers
- With Split-tunneling, a user must indicate the device where to route traffic
- This VPN supports all popular protocols, such as OpenVPN and L2TP
- It slows down Internet speed
- The claim of no log policy isn’t entirely true
In summary, you have access to some of the most ideal things on a platter with PureVPN. For instance, you are in for a superfast connection speed when you are linked to one of the close-by servers. It should be noted that its unlimited bandwidth plays a significant role in your connection speed. With respect to personal privacy, PureVPN encrypts all your data in a way that it is impossible for a hacker to decrypt it.
In other words, you should not worry that your security can be compromised whenever you are using a public Wi-Fi. With its 4-stage download process, you can easily sign up and start enjoying this premium VPN service. All the features and much more of PureVPN give users an extraordinary feeling when browsing with Firefox Mozilla with the PureVPN add-on.
Read our detailed review of PureVPN.
Benefits of Using Firefox Browser
For more than 250 million users who actively use the Firefox browser, it is one of the best. More importantly, the browser offers free, open-source software, making it fun to browse with. All over the world, many companies continue to give the browser a 5-star rating for its reliability and many extensions. So the main benefits of using Firefox are:
- Good browsing experience: Even with popular browsers like Google’s Chrome and Microsoft’s Explorer around, Firefox browser still gives them a run for their money. The reason is simply that it leaves users with a great experience. For example, the interfaces are cool, it loads fast, and it is easy to use. You can go on opening lots of tabs without fear that it would crash.
- Customization: Feel free to download this app or software and rework it to fit into your heart’s desire. Yes, that’s the uniqueness this browser brings aboard. You can integrate add-ons and any other plugins just to stay up-to-date or improve your experience.
- Tech support: When it comes to online real-time technical support, Mozilla Firefox leads the pack. You can reach them and get a rapid response via calls and emails. Not to mention that the team goes out of its way to engender user’s security and privacy.
- Rich add-on library: Given that the developer wants you to be a step ahead of others, you have a pool of custom-made add-ons to choose from. Guess what, you have over 6000 extensions and 500 themes. With all this, toggling from one website to another becomes more and more fun. If you are tech-savvy, you should give them a try.
- Interoperability: Well, this browser works well on many platforms. From Windows to Android, iOS to Linux, you can download the browser and use it on all the operating systems. The good thing is, it gives a better experience than most of the home browsers.
How to Determine the Most Appropriate VPN for Firefox?
In addition to protecting themselves, another reason people buy Firefox VPN is to bypass censorship on certain networks. Moreover, they also use it to unblock any content of their choice, typically streaming services. In order to successfully unblock streaming services, there is a caveat. The condition is that the VPN service offers servers across countless countries around the world. In addition, their service must be of the highest order.
Here are the factors to look out for, in order to determine the most appropriate VPN for Firefox:
- Encryption technology: While this is a common feature among all the premium VPN services, you should always look out for it. From close observation, 256-bit encryption remains the most common today. The significance is that it helps to encrypt your data. By doing so, your online interaction is kept private and anonymous.
- Availability of Firefox extension: If there is no provision for Firefox extension, you will have a hard time using the VPN you just subscribed to. Therefore, it is critical you consider that, just to be sure you are on the right path.
- No-log policy: If a VPN provider timestamps and records users’ online activities, don’t bother subscribing to it. The reason is that it could be giving out user information to third-party companies or government officials. Most premium VPNs have policies that reassure their users that such information is not being recorded. So, you should always keep a no-log policy in mind.
- A vast spread of servers: If a VPN provider has a countless number of servers scattered around the world, it somewhat guarantees users that communication happens very fast. The logic is that lots of data travel through a medium. And the shorter the distance, the better communication the users get.
The Use of Free VPN for Firefox
On the VPN market, there are many VPN services for free. Consequently, some VPN users may be tempted to use them because they don’t have to pay. The truth is, they often have decent features. However, you shouldn’t expect any of them to have add-ons. You see, the free ones don’t have advanced features like their paid counterparts. For instance, the free VPNs don’t have enough features that guarantee your privacy and security.
Furthermore, have you ever wondered how some of these free VPN service providers make enough money to maintain their systems? You would probably think of ads! Yes, you are right! However, some of them secretly sell your personal data to ad agencies just to make enough revenue. Essentially, they use the proceeds to augment their revenue. Consequently, they can keep their service running.
From the foregoing, settling for free VPNs for Firefox is a bad idea because they make a lot of promises but are not under any obligation to keep them. No businesses survive without finance. So, you shouldn’t be surprised to learn that they do sloppy deals to survive. It is advisable you save up for the free VPNs and go for them. Yes, it makes perfect sense because it’s a no-brainer to compromise your security all in the name of getting a free VPN service.
We’ve launched extensive research into the market, in order to ascertain the best VPN for Mozilla Firefox. At this point, you may know the right Firefox VPN for you. You are already aware that Firefox VPN add-on is a VPN app for the browser.
Before paying for a VPN, you have a few trial periods during which you will decide whether or not you want to pay. This trial period varies from one VPN to another. Also, some of the VPNs that we have reviewed guarantee refunds if you are not satisfied with their service. Truly, ExpressVPN and PureVPN offer users that option.
No doubt, we cannot wrap up this article without laying emphasis on PureVPN. We didn’t mention that the product is bad (though some cybersecurity expert reviewers think it actually is!), we just need you to make a choice for yourself, given that it presents many shortcomings.
Nevertheless, you must also take into consideration that VPN has a wide reach. As a matter of fact, the spread of its server is the highest among all the best VPN for Mozilla Firefox here. Enjoy the internet, and make sure you stay safe. Yes, VPN is the surest way of achieving that. What are you waiting for? Order one now!